Owego, NY 13827
We are looking for a talented, experienced, Medical Device Business Development professional with experience in technology development and commercialization, raising venture capital and technology M&A. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Business Development – Cardiac Technologies will be responsible for building a new business segment around CPSI’s cardiac ablation technology. This person must be able to translate our technical developments into actionable solutions to raise capital, commercialize the technology and position the business unit for M&A.
CPSI’s Director of Business Development – Cardiac Technologies position is a hands-on, boots on the ground position which includes execution and management of the development and positioning of multiple cardiac technologies.The Director of Business Development – Cardiac Technologies will work directly with CPSI’s current management team as well as CPSI’s Project Engineer and Life Science Researchers. The Director of Business Development must have high energy, be self-driven with a sense of urgency. An individual with a start-up mentality and abilityto thrive in a fast-paced small business, project deadline driven, technology development environment will be well-suited for this position. The desire and ability to work effectively in a fiscally lean startup environment is a must.
Role and Responsibilities
This position includes hands-on business and product development/positioning management. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of activities related to the development, positioning and eventual commercialization of cryogenic cardiac devices.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement a plan to raise capital to support clinical studies and commercialization of our patented cardiac ablation platform.
- Research and understand customer objectives and position the technology to meet their needs.
- Leverage and build relationships with individuals from all levels in Medtech companies.
- Identify key influencers and decision makers and establish relationships for technology M&A.
- Establish competitive product knowledgebase and use that to best position our technology.
- Develop strong understanding of business plans and brand plans to position and sell our tech.
- Gather end user and market feedback to identify trends, issues and opportunities to sell and enhance our products & services.
- Establish and manage relationships with KOL’s within target segments
- Prepare and review project reports including engineering reports, RFP’s, product specs, etc.
- Manage and meet project milestones and timelines
- Provide formal weekly project status updates to Senior Management
- Assign and oversee activities of project team members, sub-contractors, collaborators, etc.
- Interact with and coordinate activities with our Quality ManagerMeet strict external specification, technology performance milestone and project deadlinesConduct end-user analysis and develop product specifications in conjunction with senior managementInteract with potential end users, suppliers, partners, investors, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred) or higher
- Desire to work in a small business, startup, growth focused environment
- Willingness to work for the downstream payout
- Experience (4+ yrs preferred) in business development or product development and commercialization in the Medtech or cardiac space
- A strong understanding of the cardiac arrythmia management marketplace, including companies, drugs and pipelines
- Familiarity with healthcare trends and the impact they have on clients’ clinical and commercial decision making
- Familiarity/Success in raising capital for start-up ventures including traditional and non-traditional (RegA+ crowd funding)
- Creative mindset to continually try new tactics and strategies to rapidly grow a startup business
- Passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming Medtech start-up
- Outstanding organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in managing and executing multiple projects
- Experience in product design for manufacture and commercialization
- Experience in quality and regulatory processes (UL, CE, FDA, etc.)
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a small business, startup environment
- Ability and willingness to be a “Do-er” with limited outsourcing
- Ability to interact effectively with a technical founding team
- Experience working in a Start-up company environment
- Experience with medical device industry and quality systems and project management
- Experience working under a Quality System
- Ability to execute work on multiple projects, coordinating priorities and deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Detail oriented, organized and effective
- First-hand knowledge and experience of Med Device development and commercialization
- Openness to change and new information
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Clinical procedures knowledge or experience
Compensation: Salary with stock option equity offset. Commensurate with experience
About our Location: The historic village of Owego, NY, situated along the Susquehanna River on the NY/PA border, is a hidden gem community, with art events, quaint shops and homegrown restaurants, all within walking distance of the Riverwalk. Experience all four seasons and the beauty of nature, from spring flowers to summer camping, fall foliage to winter downhill/XC skiing. Community events, including the annual Strawberry Festival and winter Lights on the River are not to be missed! Owego is a Gateway to the Ithaca, Binghamton and Corning areas, with even more opportunities for higher education, entertainment, festivals and culture where more nature trails, wineries and microbrews abound. Excellent schools, affordable homes reaching all lifestyles, from high-end apartments to suburban neighborhoods or rural living, Tioga County, NY has a place for you to call home!