We are seeking a motivated individual with a working knowledge of cellular and molecular biology or bioengineering to join our Life Science project team. Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Scientific Team at CPSI, the Research Technician II will work on assigned life science projects both independently and in a team environment.
Role and Responsibilities
This position includes hands-on laboratory research. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of experiment and data analysis activities related to the development of various medical and research initiatives and devices. Day to day activities will include assist in funded research projects under the supervision of the Principal Investigators at Cell Preservation Services, Inc. Experiments will require working knowledge of cell biology and standard tissue culture techniques for mammalian cell types. Microscopy techniques (Zeiss ZEN program) required. Knowledge of fluorescent and enzymatic assays, electrophoresis techniques desired. Laboratory notebooks will be kept current and accurate. Written weekly reports will be prepared and data reports given at weekly laboratory meetings.
This opportunity is focused on the execution of experiments in the areas of cancer therapy and cell bioprocessing. This position will require day to day interaction with senior scientific management as well as interaction with 1-3 additional individuals. Communication with Project Leaders on project progress and other technicians is essential.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sterile technique
- Cell/Tissue culture – mammalian cancer, normal and stem cells
- Viability assays
- Microscopy – Zeiss ZEN software and/or Thermo CellInsight CX5 imaging
- Flow Cytometry – Guava microcapillary flow cytometer
- Compound screening and testing
- Time-course isolations and measurements
- Molecular biology experiments – protein assessment using traditional Western Blot and/or ProteinSimple Wes capillary system
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Prepare, submit and present progress reports on various projects
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook recording all research activities and findings
- Maintain a detailed notebook logging all meeting notes, phone conversations, etc.
- Maintain and submit complete electronic files for archiving, including email and raw and finalized research data, reports, etc.
- Meet bi-weekly with CPSI management to present and discuss program/project status
- Presentation preparation
- Equipment general maintenance/set-up
- Supply re-stocking and order requesting
- Attend and participate in CPSI training sessions, workshops, meetings, journal clubs, etc.
- Any other duties or tasks that may be necessary
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A.S. or B.S. degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Bioengineering. Master’s degree and 1 year experience preferred.
Working knowledge of mammalian cell biology
Proficiency in PC format computers – Microsoft office suite
Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
Ability to execute work on multiple projects simultaneously
Familiarity with experimental design highly preferred
Familiarity with stem cell culture
Knowledge of working in a controlled research environment
Experience with statistics and data analysis
Strong analytical judgment
Detail oriented, organized and effective
Excellent team player